Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Pressure Points

Anyone remember Blurred Lines? The first book I completed a first draft of? And remember when I said it was going to be a trilogy?

Book Two, Pressure Points, is officially in the works!

I figured to celebrate I would release a working cover and blurb. Keep in mind that the synopsis may morph as writing continues.



Gwen Scott, Sam Richardson, and Chris Quinn brought down the government. They were trying to take over the world, so they deserved it.
Now, an EMP has wiped out all electronics, Gwen has been missing for two months, and there's talk of a group trying to take back control of the country.
Sam, Chris, and the crew must make unpredictable alliances to find Gwen.
Gwen must face the biggest betrayal she's ever experienced, all the while trying to protect everything she cares about most.

Thoughts? I'm terrible at blurbs. The cover photo is actually one my mom took when we visited Galveston beach this summer. I used a couple of apps on my phone to over-lay a sniper sights picture and words. Jo Ellen is my working pen name. It's subject to change if I think of something I like better.

Pressure Points will feature almost every character from Blurred Lines in some way, shape, or form. Even if it's just a mention. I tend to write books with large casts, but there will only be 3-4 main characters and only three main POVs.

Two and a half chapters and 3,000 words in, I think it's going well so far. 

Let me know what you think of the cover and the story in the comments! Also, what do you think of the pen name? Any other suggestions? I would like "Jo" to be in it somewhere because it's my online nickname.

No comments:

Post a Comment