The Notebook Sisters are doing a blog party for teen writers!:) And what kind of party is it without games? This game is called Pass the Parcel:)
1. Name your top 5 favorite YA authorsAlly Carter Patrick Carman Robert Liparulo
Suzanne Collins (I would say J. R. R. Tolkien, but I've never actually read the books. Sadly.)
2. What's the last YA book you read and what did you think about it?Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter. It's the second book in the Heist Society series and it was amazing!:) Ally Carter sure knows what she's doing!:) Amazing writing, totally lovable characters, a plot that grabs your from the first page, simply wonderful!
3. What's your favorite YA genre?
That is a very hard question. I love medieval fantasy stuff! I also love realistic fiction/mystery, which is what Heist Society is:)
4. Let's talk characters! Pick a character you love and tell us why.
Katrina "Kat" Bishop from Heist Society! What's not to like? The girl lives for adventure! Whether it's flying via private jet to England to a museum to steal four paintings they didn't even know they had, or being lowered down a vent to take a priceless, so-called cursed gem, she's always doing crazy, thrilling stuff.
5. Top YA villain?Old Joe Bush from The Skeleton Creek
6. Top YA couple?Cammie and Zach and Kat and Hale. Both are complicated relationships where they both like each other, but refuse to admit it.
7. With dystopian on the decline, what do you think will be the next hot trend in YA?I have no idea! Hopefully something action-packed, adventurous, and edge-of-your-seat good. And humorous/witty, always humorous/witty!
8. What's next YA on your to-be-read pile?
The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, Perfect Scoundrels and the untitled upcoming final Gallagher Girls book by Ally Carter.
9. What's the fastest time you've ever finished reading a book in? (And what was the book?!)
I read The Dreamhouse Kings Series by Robert Liparulo in a week, one of the book in that series I read in 4 hours. I can't remember which one.
10. (And now for the burning question) Do your think books should be sorted according to color or title. (This matters.)That is a very hard question for me! I am very OCD about my books. I sort mine firstly according to size, then author (alphabetically), then copyright date. But, I'm supposed pick one of the two methods in the question so probably color:)