Wednesday, October 29, 2014

NaNoWriMo Prep

NaNoWriMo is in three days (counting today), people! Three days!!! I am officially freaking out! I am like 95% prepared and yet I feel like I'm not prepared at all!


What am I doing to prepare?
The simple answer is lots. The long answer is a nice little list. Don't you just love lists!

1. Writing.
Sounds obvious, right? Well, I haven't written more than a sentence on a single story since Camp NaNo in July! I wrote my outline for November, but that wasn't really writing a story. This was hard for me. I decided to write a short story and getting started was hard. But, I wanted to get the creative juices flowing before November 1st.

2. Reading old writing.
This was more of an thing where I switched all of the files on my old computer over to Google Drive. Then, I saw a document with an intriguing title and I forgot what it was, so I read it. Then I read pretty much everything elseXD It was good enough that it made me want to start writing immediately and dominate this story! Pretty good motivation! When I decided to do this I was Kermit:
But it wasn't too bad. I was pretty happy!:)

3. Going over my outline and notes for my NaNo '14 novel.
Yet another given. I'm pumped up!
(yes, I did just totally reference Full HouseXD I was one of those kids who loved Full HouseXD)

4. Tell people what I'm doing.
I told all of the people who like to text me and hang out that I am considerably less available in November. I'm not going to completely write off hanging out with people, but I will use it as a reward for myself. I only get to hang out with people if my word count can afford it (meaning I'm on track or ahead). If not, then I don't get to hang out until I catch up.

5. Hitting up the forums.
Well, one, anyway. The NaNoWriMo forums are a great way to get encouragement! It's one thing to get encouragement from someone who has no idea what trying to write 50K word in 30 days is like. It's another thing entirely (and it works better) to get encouragement from someone who knows exactly what you're talking about! So, I highly recommend the forums! Just don't spend too much time there like I doXD

And that's it, really. That's all I'm doing to prepare. Am I under prepared? I don't think I am. I think that this is almost perfect for me. but what about you guys? What are you doing to prepare?

2 comments: