Saturday, January 3, 2015

Things To Come In 2015

I put up six posts in December. SIX POSTS!!!!! For most of 2014 I did good to blog once every month. True, two of the posts were agonizingly short with my burst of excitement at finishing my book, then my Christmas post was maybe 20 words and several pictures, but still. SIX TIMES!!!! I know I have a problem blogging regularly. But, the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. So, again,

I try to make excuses and tell myself (and other people) that I'm too busy and don't have time to put a post up every week. 


I published 33 posts last year. That averages to roughly 2 posts a month. It actually comes out to 2.75, so I guess it would be properly rounded to 3 posts a month. but they were extremely sporadic. Here's my 2014 monthly post count:
January: 4 posts
February: 2 posts
March: 1 posts
April: 2 posts
May: 2 posts
June: 1 posts
July: 1 post
August: 3 posts
September: 4 posts
October: 5 posts
November: 2 posts
December: 6 posts

In the Summer, when I have the most time to blog, I blogged the least. The two months before and after NaNoWriMo I blogged the most, but I hardly blogged during NaNo (because I'm busy trying to write 50,000 words in a monthXD). I was actually surprised to find I blogged at least once a month. This year I want to vow to post at least twice a month! But I need your help!

I have a couple things you can do me for:D Because I know you guys love me and want to help any way you can;P

1. Comment. This is a given. Every Blogger feeds off their comments. Even if it's a simple, "Loved the post, Jordan!" (is it just me or it is weird to type your own name?XD)

2. If it's getting towards the end of the month and I haven't gotten two posts up, say something! Kick me into gear (virtually;P)! 

3.  Umm...yeah, I have nothing to put here.

I will do this! Two posts a month! That's not too hard! I can do that! And I am appalled at the lack of Supernatural pics I can find for various parts of this post. Am I doing something wrong, seasoned Bloggers?

My question for you: What do you want to see more of on the blog? What kind of posts do you like seeing? What posts do you want me to try out for the first time? Anything you think I need to cut from the blog (post subject-wise)?


4 comments:

  1. Post content that you like! Go back and find the posts you most enjoyed writing, and then do more of that. :) Or look at posts by your favorite bloggers and see how you can adapt the topic or format for your own blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I think I'm going to start making a schedule. Post on the same day every time I post, like, two Fridays every month or something like that. And I'm going to decide at the beginning of the month what the posts are going to be for that month. If I change my mind, fine, but at least I have it to fall back on.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to agree with Lydia. ;-) Posting what YOU like the best is the most fun way to blog. Although, of course, trying new things is fun too. XD I shall not kick you but I can bribe you with virtual cake?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have some ideas for some new things (fandom highlights, anyone?:D)! CAKE!!!! You can totally bribe me with!!XD

      Delete